Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A Few Of My Favorite Things

I just realized that it has been a long time since I've mentioned my 'newest favorite' thing about Eli. I assure you I haven't run out of them; I've just neglected to document them.

#1 - Eli has learned some pretend play. About a month ago I started using his stuffed animals to show him how to 'be nice'. (He often forgets how to do this when other children are playing with his toys, or toys he perceives to be his.) I usually hug his frog or rub his bear's back. Every once in a while if we are playing with one of his spoons, I will pretend to feed me, Eli, or the stuffed animal. A few nights ago Lehr and I gave Eli a sippy cup of water while he was on the kitchen floor playing with his stuffed frog. When we turned around we saw him 'feeding' his frog the water. Adorable.

#2 - Eli loves to put on things on his head. First we thought it was just hats, but now he does it with the washcloth in the bath or clothes while I'm folding laundry. Today Eli pulled one of Lehr's undershirts over his head and thought he was the coolest. He then proceeded to crawl with the garment covering his face. Inevitably he ended up bumping into the wall. I started to laugh and he pulled off the shirt and laughed with me. Now it's a game to make Mommy laugh, so Eli pulls the shirt over his face again and crawls even faster. This time when he ran into the wall it wasn't so funny; he looked at me and pouted a little, but never actually cried. (Needless to say, he wasn't up for blind-crawling any more.)

#3 - Eli is very smitten with his new snow boots. We just purchased him a pair in preparation for his trip out west in a few weeks and they currently sit in a corner in his room. At least once a day Eli goes over to the boots, picks one up, turns around to face Lehr or I and signs "please". As in "please put this boot on my foot". So we do, and Eli sits very patiently as they go on. He will then crawl around for as long as we allow, happy to be in his boots. And yes, Eli's shirt does read "PLAY NICE". As I mentioned above, Eli needs to be reminded of this often.

No comments: