Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Parent-Teacher Conference

I had my one and only parent-teacher conference with Maddux's teacher this morning. I was a little concerned that I may get an earful about behavior 'concerns' due to some recent bits of info the teacher has passed my way in the carpool line. Maddux assured me that she has made all good choices since our return from Washington though, so I was hoping for the best.

No surprises: the only 'less-than-good' feedback applied to things we'd already discussed. I guess our main concern was that Maddux was testing limits more than other kids, causing a disturbance in the classroom. The teacher downplayed that, acknowledging that she is four and on-track for her age. Academically she is great, and that is actually where she does best. Mad Dog's teacher claims that when it's time for table work, Maddux is on-task totally, eager to please and do the work correctly. It's the free-play-time that gets her in trouble. (Apparently she likes to be the director of what and how the other kids play. Imagine that!)

No comments: