Thursday, January 19, 2012

GIrls' Weekend

Maddux and I just took our first long weekend away together. She and I flew to Washington to see Uncle Jay's twins, Maddux's newest and smallest cousins. I'd already planned to go, help, change diapers, take pictures, rock babies, and get my baby fix, but Lehr had the great idea of bringing Maddux along to hang out with her older cousins and grandparents. She was sooo excited. Well, until the day we left. She went to school that morning and was reminded that the next day was pajama day for her class and she would NOT be there. She was in tears and actually told me that she didn't want to go on the airplane. I was able to calm her down by reminding her that Grandma Cathie and Eden (her 2-year old cousin) were VERY excited she was coming and I was pretty sure they would be on-board for a pajama day with her.

Maddux watched a movie on the first plane, ate and played in an indoor play area in Minneapolis, and then slept on the second plane. We arrived at 11PM Friday night, but she was a rock-star and totally well-behaved. That night she slept with me and barely moved around in the bed (that is odd for her). The next morning she got up and played with Eden and Cole for a few hours while I helped with the babies. Then she, Grandma Cathie and the two older cousins left for Grandma and Grandpa's house. From that point on, I only saw Maddux once each day for dinner. She was way too busy having a blast with everyone to even notice!

I know she went to an indoor pool, and got 'reminded' by the lifeguard how to use the slide properly. I know she went shopping and convinced Grandma Cathie to get her a new swimsuit, and cover-up dress, and flip flops. And I know she got spoiled by love and attention all weekend.

The trip home was the same; Maddux watched a movie and was awesome. We had a VERY bumpy flight for our second plane ride, but she never even noticed.

No comments: