Monday, January 30, 2012

Madam President

Maddux and I were enjoying a leisurely pancake breakfast this morning; it is Mommy-Maddux Monday and we tend to stretch everything out on those days. Maddie had chosen a place mat with all of the US Presidents on it. As we're finishing up she starts asking me a few questions about them: were any still alive, what were their names, etc. She finishes up by asking if only boys were presidents. I told her that so far, yes, but that girls can be presidents too. Then I asked her if she wanted to be president one day. She told me 'no' because she's too small. I said she could wait until she's older, like a mommy. She still grinned and shook her head. Then I asked her if it seemed like a fun job, and she quickly responded 'no'. Then she asked me if it was (a fun job). I told her it had a lot of responsibility. She gave her goofy smile, stuck her chin in her hand and told me, "I don't want hard 'sponsibility." Awesome.

No comments: