Saturday, January 07, 2012

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Given the late-night display of Eli's, I opted to have everyone sleep in a little more today, even though we could get into the park as early as 8AM. We got up around 730, got dressed and walked to the bus stop. (I must add that I had a very stern conversation with Eli before we left, letting him know that he would NOT be making choices for the family that day. He needed to remember that 'you get what you get and you don't throw a fit, or you don't get!' I know he was tired, but his meltdown last night was out of control and he was awake enough to know it and choose it. He listened intently, probably because he could tell I meant business, and spent the whole morning bending over backwards to make sure he was pleasant and gracious.)

This park was much closer to our hotel so we were still able to walk through the gates a few minutes before the 9AM opening for everyone else. The main attraction for us was to be the Star Wars 'stuff', so we walked straight over to get a fast pass. On the way we were called in to sign up for Jedi Training. A friend told me about it, but I'd totally forgotten, so I was so glad to have the Disney Cast Member remind us. We signed up and then went right to Star Tours. The kids loved it and we caught a few of the Jedi Trainings before ours. Eli and Maddux LOVED the Jedi Training; they both got to fight Darth Vador and ate up every second of it. Maddux was front and center on the stage and the actress leading the whole thing made a few remarks about 'no one liking a clumsy Jedi' as she looked at her - how fitting :) Then, when she was battling Vador, the same actress told Vador to not anger Maddux because 'look at her'. As if on cue, Maddux kinda lifted her shoulder and smiled at him. Awesome.

We also saw a Little Mermaid show, a Muppets show, a live stunt show, and the kids got to run around a "Honey I Shrunk The Kids" movie set playground. There were a few nighttime shows I'd planned to stay for, but around 4PM, Lehr and I decided to finish our next thing and head back to the hotel. I had a very early alarm for my race (2:45AM) and the kids were visibly tired. Lehr and the kids hit the pool when we got back while I sorted out our suitcases and my race stuff. We met by the pool for a quick bonfire marshmallow roasting and dinner. A great end to another great day!

No comments: