Friday, April 29, 2011

Year In Song

Eli had a short performance at school this morning. Parents were invited to come see the entire Kindergarten perform songs for events from their school year. Eli's class was October, so he got to wear his Halloween costume. In true Eli fashion, he didn't tell us about this, but had tried on his dragon costume in his room one day only to discover it didn't fit well anymore. When I got the note from his teacher later this week to send him dressed up, I asked him about it and he told me about his discovery. (Info we could have used a lot earlier!) I reminded him that it is April and that means that Halloween costumes are not available for purchase right now. I suggested we find something he has that would look like a costume. He thought hard and then said, "Astronaut?" I thought it was a great idea, but we had nothing even close. Luckily he then chose my original thought: baseball player.

Maddux, Lehr and I arrived over 30 minutes early to find all seats already taken, so we ended up sitting on the floor (the cafeteria floor....kinda gross, even though it's clean) in the front. They turned out to be the best seats because we could see AND take video very easily. Lehr and I were shocked and impressed with Eli's stage presence. In the past, he has usually mouthed the words to songs when 'performing', and he does get shy sometimes. Today he was front and center and had all of his hand motions and song-words memorized. Maybe he'll be a performer like his sister after all.

No comments: