Monday, May 02, 2011

Good Day

Eli had THE best day today. It would figure that it started out rough with a capital 'ROUGH'. Lehr's short time with him before school this morning was nothing short of yuck. But by the time I got to his class around 9:45 to work, he was in a great mood.

He got 4 +'s. He came home happy. He had a play date and was an angel. He listened to me. He included Maddux. He followed rules even when his friend didn't. He was pleasant after we dropped his friend off. He asked me if he could do a handful of things once we returned home and I made dinner. Even though the answer was 'no' most to most of those requests, he stayed happy. Even better, he actually said, "OK, Mommy!", when I told him 'no'. Weird. Very odd. And oh-so cool.

Great dinner. Great after dinner play. Normally bedtime is when it would all crumble. He was amazing. He kept his happy heart all of the way to the end. When I tucked him in and kissed him good-night, Eli told me, "Mommy, I'm proud that I made a lot of good choices today." Melt, melt.

No comments: