Thursday, February 10, 2011

You Can't Make This Stuff Up

That girl is full of life. And full of words. The things that come out of her mouth crack me up on a daily basis. I end up posting maybe 1/4 of them via Twitter, but so many slip through the cracks and I forget them by the time I sit down at the computer. Here are just a few from the last few days:
  • We have many 'dance parties' in our house, usually mid-day when it's just me and one or both of the kids. The other day Maddux told me (mid-spin), "You dance better if you have these pants and this shirt on."
  • Walking into the YMCA the other day, I asked Maddux to hold my hand and keep it warm. "Just put it in yer pocket." she told me. "But, I don't have any." "Welllll.......try to get one, Mommy!"
  • We play a lot of music in the car, and the kids learn lyrics pretty fast (that is not such a good thing these days). After about a week of a particular Beastie Boys CD playing almost exclusively, Maddux yelled out "What! What!!!" mid-song one day, all on her own. She has arrived.
  • We got another dumping of snow last night. Today when we were driving out of the neighborhood, Maddie asked, "Mommy, when are the penguins comin' out?" Took me a minute to even ask her what she meant. "When it snows, the penguins come." I love three year old logic!!
  • More dance parties. More music and dancing. And Maddux is the biggest dancer, wiggler, mover of them all. She will not stop for anything. Last week she told us, "I dance to all these songs, cuz that's my job. I'm tired, but I still have to do it."
  • When things get particularly 'ugly' between Maddux and Eli in the backseat we have what we call "silent car". No talking for some set period of time. Lately when Maddux has become frustrated with Eli's need to control everything she does, she'll give an emotional, "Don't talk to me that way! I want a silent car!" Then she'll cross her arms and turn her head towards the window. 3 or 13???
  • This morning I told Maddux, "God gave you a beautiful heart." Her response? "I know! I wanted Him to make it pink and He did!"
  • The other day the three of us walked down the hill after picking Eli up from the bus stop. I noticed a small scratch on the bridge of his nose that wasn't there the day before. I asked him if it happened at school and immediately Mad Dog chimed in with, "Did you cry or were you tough as nails?"

No comments: