Monday, February 28, 2011

Shoes

I've been trying for several months to teach Eli to tie his shoes. One main obstacle is his refusal to be open to teaching in this area; he's a *little* stubborn like his mama. So when I sit down with him to work on it, regardless of how patient and 'gentle' I am, he never wants anything to do with it and he basically fights me every step of the way. For whatever reason, that changed last Wednesday during Maddux's ballet class. As I've done many times in the past, I suggested we bring the shoe-tie book and practice board to work on during he class and for the first time, Eli happily agreed!! It was not all smiles and giggles; he was very frustrated many many times, resulting in him sulking for a portion of our afternoon. However, he tied his own shoes once before we left ballet and he did it again the next day for Lehr. Even more exciting was when I went to school today and his parapro teacher told me she'd offered to help him when his laces came undone, but he'd told her, "Nope. I got it." All grows up!

No comments: