Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Report Cards

I had a conference with Eli's teacher this week, at which I received his report card. Since I'm in the classroom once a week helping out, I've been pretty up-to-speed with any goings-ons regarding Eli's behavior. But I was looking forward to the conference so that I could check in with his academics. While he seemed to be doing fine to me, I had no idea how he may be comparing to the 'standard' or to other kids in his class. It turns out that he is doing great! He's meeting all requirements with two exceptions, and even those were barely missed. We've since discussed those topics at home, and he had it down after our first conversation. Eli's behavior is still a work in progress, but it's much improved since his initial days in the classroom. His teacher has been able to observe him during the absence of a buddy (aka 'partner in crime), and she has come to realize that he has the tendency to just follow someone else's lead. Not that it takes him off of the hook for controlling his own behavior, but it's good to know that if he's separated from certain kids, he is a different Eli. All in all, it was a great conference and Eli is making the right kind of progress!

No comments: