Friday, October 29, 2010

Cool Stuff

I'm seeing a lot of the beginnings of memories for Eli and Maddux. They both have amazing memories already: the kinds that help you remember things, that is. Like when we go to an event we've only been to once before, and it was a year or more prior...they often tell me insignificant TINY details about it. Crazy.

But that's not the type of memory I'm talking about. I'm starting to see some fun memories created in our family that the kids will remember for years. We do fun stuff; everyone does. But in the last month I've started to see the kids interact and have little 'brother sister' moments that I am NO part of. I saw a few interactions the other night when they were around a bunch of other kids that just shocked me. Usually when other friends are around, Eli drops Maddux like a bad habit. However on this occasion, I saw him hanging out with her a few times, their heads close together as they were talking. LOVE it.

My favorite was yesterday. We somehow got talking about what Eli and Maddux wanted to do when they get older. Eli said, "I want to go to work like Daddy. And I want to play drums as good as Daddy." So sweet. Even sweeter? Maddux says, "I wanna go to daddy's work with Eli."

No comments: