Friday, July 09, 2010

WORD

Six months ago (or so), Lehr and I were reminded of the great SNL skit with Cameo (Tracy Morgan) doing a 'WORD' spot in a courtroom. Maddux caught on a little, but dropped it right away. Fast forward to last week when Uncle D taught it to her again. Of course this time it stuck. She has given me a "WORD!" several times this week:
  • As I helped Maddux out of the car, I said, "I love you". She crossed her arms over her chest and said, "WORD!" in response.
  • She pulled on a new shirt on her birthday. I told her it looked nice. She crossed her arms over her chest, looked at me and said, "Word".
  • We get ice cream as a treat one night. She throws away trash and plays around the trash can. I tell her it's time to go and she leans to the side with an arm-cross, snarls her lip and says, "Word".
Next I expect her to throw in "..to your mutha..."

1 comment:

hillary said...

Oh my gosh! I laughed out loud!! Gotta love Uncle D!