Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Best Friends

Not a day passes where I don't remind Eli and Maddux that they are each other's best friend. Sometimes it comes up because Maddux has been less than kind to Eli and after her time out I remind her that he is her best friend. Or Eli will refuse to share with her and I remind him that Maddie is his best friend and she'll always be there for him. On a REALLY good day, they remind me through their words (and actions, God willing).

Today was one of those days. We came home from the pool and I started dinner. Eli is obsessive about changing his clothes at least once a day, and after the pool is the perfect opportunity. He ran upstairs and Mad Dog followed right behind. A few minutes later I heard, "E-I!! Are you my bess friend?" My ears perked up to hear his answer which was, thankfully, "Yeah". Maddux then said, "Oh, gooood."

Man oh man....life is good!

1 comment:

Gina said...

So so so so SWEET! Sibling love is so great!