Monday, February 22, 2010

Sandwich Head

The four of us call each other names all of the time, but it's always in an endearing way. No really...it is!! Lehr often calls Eli a 'knuckle-head', and a day doesn't pass without me calling each of the kids 'goofy' or 'goofball' or 'coo-coo for cocoa puffs'. They love it and they get that we are just joking around. Eli tells me I'm a goofball too, to which I agree. Then we talk about how fun it is to be a goofball and the credits for our after-school special run....

Today Maddux called me a new name: Sandwich Head. Eli was at school and we were folding laundry for her room. Out of nowhere she smiled at me and said, "Mommy, you a san-wich head!!"I laughed, but asked her "What?" She repeated herself and then it clicked. She has heard (and been called a) 'knuckle-head' before, and from time to time Lehr will respond with "A knuckle sandwich" when one of the kids ask what is for lunch or dinner. She got both of them blended together in her head and came up with a new nickname for Mommy. Good times.

In the midst of the laundry (and Neil Diamond background music - check her rocking out around the one-minute mark), Maddux was dancing around and started to move her eyebrows at me. I grabbed the camera as quickly as I could. She also spent about 40 seconds trying to get BOTH hands to sign 'I love you'. Cute stuff.

2010 02 Maddie Eyebrows/dance from Nicole Eliason on Vimeo.

2 comments:

JEN said...

this is so cute nicole! owen is totally into his eyebrows these days-either furrowing them or lifting them like maddie. she is so cute, and so smart!!

Courtney said...

LOL! I LOVE when they have to "position" their fingers to where they want them! So cute!