Monday, October 05, 2009

Painting The Town

I finally broke down and did something 'girlie' with Mad Dog. While Eli was at school this morning, Maddux and I were attempting to spend some quality (read: not errand-running) time together. After several puzzles and books and wrestling sessions, I brought her up to my bathroom to introduce her to the world of nail polish. Quickly put a coat on my toes to show her what I was about to do to her feet. This ended up being a very messy coat; I may as well have let her paint my toes for the amount of bumps and mis-paints caused by the little missy. Nevertheless, a few minutes later, she was ready for her pedicure. I had her sit on the step by the bathtub, so she would be a little higher than me, and I'd have a better angle on her toes. Maddux sat remarkably still while I painted a quick few strokes over her tiny toe nails. She moved enough to cause some outside-of-the-lines painting, but all in all, she did great. And she is SO in love with her new pink nails. She called Daddy and Grandma Cathie and told them right away, and she is quick to remove her shoes and show anyone she sees. "Peent my Neeels!!!"

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Emily LOOOOOVES to have her nails painted!