Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Another Amazing Memory!

Maddux is reading. Yes, I know she's only two, but to hear her flip through books, you'd think she could really read. She loves loves LOVES books and will 'read' them even if I'm not there to add the wording. But when we do read, which is before naps and bed, at a minimum, she obviously memorizes every word. We have a set of four board books that she loves: there are pictures on each page and no story. (Example: one page has a picture of a dog and it reads, "Dog". Another has a picture of a boat and it reads, "Boat".) Maddie can easily read these, but since there are serious context clues, that isn't too impressive to me. A few weeks back I realized she was reading the more involved books by memorization also. We were reading "Through and Through" when she started filling in the blanks for me before I even paused. She basically read the whole book. (At one point I would seriously just say the first word: "I...." and she would fill in "...wuv your top siyyyddd. aaaaahnd bottum siyyyddd." She can also do this with "Knuffle Bunny" because we rarely go a day without reading that book. And on pages where the characters have expressive faces, she LOVES to demonstrate4 said face for you. Reading with her is a blast these days! And I love that she is a little book worm like her brother was at this age!

No comments: