Sunday, October 18, 2009

Painted Toes

While Lehr and I were in Utah, Grandma Cathie and Grandpa Jim stayed with the kids. Before I left I painted Maddie's toe nails for the first time. I hinted to Grandma that nail-painting may be a fun activity to do again with her. She took that idea and ran with it. When we returned there were two brand new bottles of nail polish on the counter and every one's toes had been painted. Everyone. My mom let Maddie paint her toes (Grandma's toes), and she did surprisingly well. There was polish on Grandma's skin, but not as much as you might think. Then Grandma Cathie painted Maddux's toes: alternating colors. Of course Eli saw this and wanted in on the action, so he got an 'every other' pedicure as well. But it didn't stop there. Eli insisted on painting even Grandpa Jim's toes. I hear he has one pink big toe and one sparkly one. Life is good.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

That right there is why grandparents are cool.....