Sunday, September 11, 2005

Got Ink?

Eli received his first tattoos yesterday. Grandma Cathie suggested writing on his casts while she was here, but I forgot until an online friend reminded me. So after one of his feedings I did my best to convey Eli's personality. On one cast is his nickname and a plug of his website (Eli the Frog ele5.com), and on the other is a tribal tat. Lehr followed up by adding a footprint to the bottom of one cast and "Got Milk?" on the other.

After a week of Mom-Mom visiting, we finally got our house back today; all company/family is gone! I don't mean to sound ungrateful; it's just been a long three weeks, and we're ready to start our new life (as a three-person family), which is difficult to do when you have to entertain. I don't have any definite plans for the coming week, but we will be working on getting Eli's eating/sleeping schedule more structured (hard to do with extra people in the house), and we'll be venturing out of the house more (FINALLY!).

David and Carissa brought Cooper over for a visit today (two weeks younger than Eli - soon to be a best bud, for sure). It was really nice to put the two of them together and start comparing. Cooper is much more laid back than Eli...but that might be because he hasn't found his set of lungs yet, as Eli has.

Also, Eli slept in his crib last night (instead of in the pack-n-play in our bedroom) for the first time. He's been napping in his nursery, but at night I've been keeping him with me (so I can make sure he's breathing, like any overprotective first-time mother would). He didn't even notice that he wasn't in with us; much like his father, he can sleep anywhere!

No comments: