Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Cast Day #5

It was cast-day yet again. Dr. Morrissy continues to be encouraged by the progress Eli's feet have made (considering their starting point). We will do two more sets of casts, and then make the decision regarding the tenotomy. Dr. M is confident the procedure will be necessary, so it's just a question of timing. When he applies the 6th set of casts, he should be able to give us a more firm timeframe. Eli weathered the casting fairly well again today; he fussed, but no major meltdowns.

Yesterday was another big day out for Eli; I took him to a La Leche meeting in the morning (during which he was very calm) and to my office to meet my co-workers in the afternoon (he started out sleeping, but woke up screaming). The mini-meltdown was my fault; I'd kept him out all day and he needed a nap (in his crib) VERY badly. I guess what they say is true: babies (and kids) thrive on routine!

No comments: