Sunday, February 11, 2018

Mother Daughter Bible Study

Just before Thanksgiving last year, Maddux and I started attending a Mother-Daughter Bible study. A friend and I were walking around the neighborhood one morning when she told me about how God had been putting something on her heart. As she spoke about this idea to do an intentional mother-daughter group, I was blown away because it was something that had been stirring inside of me as well.

So the two of us got together for a few planning sessions with journals and Bibles, and we planned out three or four 'lessons' with ideas for many more. The other mom already had a group to invite in mind; we wanted to stick to girls/moms very close by (like, in only two neighborhoods) that were all right around 10 years old. We sent the invites, created journals for the girls, and prepared for the first meeting. Low and behold, 10 girls and their moms showed up! That first night, we had great discussion, Bible-page-flipping, and lots of girly giggles (and hot cocoa, of course).
Since then, we have met twice a month, and I am so so grateful for it. Maddux loves going, and she is an awesome participant when we are there. In fact, one of the times, she voluntarily led us in a closing prayer. I love the intentional time I get to spend with my girl, I love the way we're able to connect to other girls and moms in our immediate area, and I love how God is growing both Maddux and I in leading, participating, and planning.

No comments: