Saturday, February 03, 2018

More Tattoos

The Lucky Few Tattoo movement has remained strong in Atlanta. After our initial group-branding, there were many moms who were sad they missed out. And we had lots of dads that wanted in on the action. So some of my fellow moms organized a second 'tattoo party' with four artists (instead of the two that we had), and they planned for it to take place at Gigi's Playhouse. I was asked to take photos and was more than happy to oblige.
Lehr and Ruby were out of town, and Eli was at soccer tryouts all afternoon, so right after school, Maddux joined me, my back-up camera in tow. The event was slotted from 4-8PM, with local news coverage, both on Facebook live and on the 6PM news (with teasers in the 5-6PM hour). Maddux and I moved around the whole time, trying to take shots of it all, while also taking it all in.
I am often amazed at how well Maddux composes herself in new situations. We've obviously talked a little about tattoos in our house, but for some reason Maddux didn't totally get the process until this night. Thanks to the lens she was using, she was able to see the needle up close, and she saw how it went in and out of the skin. Later she told me how much that surprised her, though you would have never known by watching her.

Below are a few of the shots she got; she's a natural!

No comments: