Monday, March 03, 2014

Spring Fever

We are back in the game!!

Eli opted to return to baseball this season. After our parent-imposed fall away from sports, Eli returned to his first love. And even though he talked about football, or maybe even soccer, after the very first practice, he was back to hitting off of the tee, setting up baseball diamonds, and begging me to throw him pop ups, grounders and 'hard' line drives. That boy loves the game.
I am very excited to be back at the ball park too. Eli is so focused and so 'into' the game; it's an absolute joy to watch him play. And this is his final season in this league, so he is definitely the big kid on the team. Even if not too much in size, definitely in age. I hope he finds his way into a leadership role, from an encouraging standpoint.
As expected, I am back behind the camera. This season Lehr is pitching during the games, so Ruby will end up riding on my back as I shoot. So far she doesn't mind.

No comments: