Tuesday, January 21, 2014

MLK Day

60 degrees. Sun. Midway through January. On a day off from school and work. Awesome.

That pretty much sums it up. I would have to say that our day was perfection. I went to camp (I didn't have the day off) and came home to a lazy morning crew. We made pumpkin pancakes and eggs and rolled through some mandatory laundry folding. Then I went for a training run with the kids (the kids are going to run a 5K with me this spring), followed by Lehr making us smoothies for lunch. I suggested we enjoy them on the front porch because of the sun.

We never came back inside.

We played. And played. And played. At one point, we invited a handful of boys over to play football, and some neighborhood girls came down to play also; we had five boys and four girls and Ruby.
Awesome.

No comments: