Monday, August 06, 2012

Spider Patrol

We are in the last two weeks of summer. It has been fun and awesome, but as usually happens at the end of something fun and awesome, we are getting rough around the edges. Eli and Maddux have gotten along really well this summer and they are as close as I could hope for. But in the last week or so, the fights are starting to occur more often and earlier in the day. I expected it and so it really hasn't bugged me too much. What makes me laugh though is how quick the move in and out of fights, almost like an old married couple. One thing that always moves them out of a disagreement is a spider or other household bug. We have many little spiders these days and the kids love to find them and 'take care' of them. It goes something like this:
  • Eli - MADDUX! Put my legos down!
  • Maddux - But I was just trying to build something.
  • Eli - I don't know how many times I've told you, don't come into my room and... SPIDER!
    Maddux - OK. You keep an eye on it and I'll get a Kleenex.
They are a perfect team.

No comments: