Monday, January 18, 2010

Sick Girl

Maddux has been sickly a few times recently (Christmas Eve and last week). Each time, it's only lasted a few hours, and it seems to be triggered by nothing in particular. She'll wake up all lethargic and 'un-Maddie-like' and want to remain in a reclined position for a few hours. There usually is a little bit of vomiting, and some sleeping, but no other sick symptoms. Then it will be gone just as quickly as it started. She woke up that way again today, so I decided to call the doctor.

The nurse line was not at all helpful unfortunately, so I just brought Maddux in. Even though she seemed better, I needed to just check in with the doc to see what *should* be causing me concern, assuming everything so far was normal. The doctor checked her over and asked me a bunch of questions before finally agreeing with Lehr and I: we need to monitor the occurrence and wait until something changes before moving forward. She thought it could be a number of things, one of which is reflux. I have a prescription for some meds that may help her with that, but we are waiting to see if her condition changes before going down that road (doctor agreed). That diagnosis would not surprise me given the amount of vomiting Maddux did as a baby. Until she was about a year, I don't think that child went one day without spitting up!

No comments: