Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy New Year!

Haven't posted since Christmas....not a real post anyway. I tend to play catch up on video when I have extra hands around to help with the kids, so this holiday break has been video-centered, as evidenced by the last few posts. Soooo, let's catch up on what's happened, shall we?

The Christmas week continued with Mom-Mom, Rachel and Aunt Megan coming to town. Four pasta dinners later, Eli and Maddux spent a morning with them several exits north of home at a mall that houses a carousel. The kids loved it! We tried to take Eli to one a few years ago, but it was closed when we arrived, so this was the first ride for them both. Maddux told me she rode on a zebra and she 'not scared'. Eli had a blast....I think he rode a few different animals, but the details are escaping me now.

Cold weather blew into town, and our outdoor play was limited again. We tried to ride bikes at the river, but the wind was too chilly, so a brisk walk took place instead. Eli had his first play date without Lehr or I present. A time out took place, but the parents assured me that the boys play(ed) really well together, so we'll have to get them together again soon.

Last, but not least, I decided we should tackle taking down the decorations AND potty training in one day. Sounds silly, but PT requires that you stay indoors (at least when it is 25-degrees out) all day, so my thought was to kill two birds with one stone. Maddux has been pooping on the potty like a champ. For close to two weeks. Somewhere around Christmas I realized that I hadn't changed a dirty diaper in over a week. What a nice 'surprise'! So yesterday we decided to tackle the 'pee-pee'. She had one accident right off the bat, but after that she was a pro. We set the timer, but she ran to the potty before it went off every time and had success. Later that night we had one more accident on the way to the bathroom, but we're calling the day a success. Today we put a pull-up on her when we went to run errands, but we still went to the bathroom several times while we were out and she stayed dry the whole time. (YAY!!!!) This week at school worries me because I'm not sure of her ability to hold it more than a minute or so once she realizes she has the urge. We'll see!!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Geez! I can't believe how big she is now! Potty training and very proud of her big girl panties, I see. I had such a nice time with them when we visited, and Michael had fun playing with Eli at lunch. I LOVE your kids!