Sunday, January 10, 2010

Good Times

I have to enjoy them, right? Because we know, especially with siblings, they are not always present. This last week we had some really good times. First off, Eli was so kind and 'lovey-dovey' a few of the afternoons. This was really impressive because the temperatures were so cold that outside play, both at school and home, was non-existent. This usually leads to cabin fever kids, but Eli did a great job of holding it together and really playing well with Mommy and Maddux. One afternoon he was especially helpful while I was doing laundry. He insisted on helping me fold towels. And for someone who has never been shown how to do it, he had a pretty good end product!

My favorite part of the week was, of course, the good times between Maddie and Eli. I love it when I'm not sitting at the breakfast table, but conversations still take place. Or when I see them playing in the corner, and Maddux is asking Eli questions only to have him actually respond. And even though I am around Maddie all day, every once in a while she says something that I can't quite understand. This happens to Daddy a lot too. Almost every time, Eli can interpret for us. Gotta love that sibling bond!

No comments: