Thursday, December 24, 2009

Holiday Gems

So we are talking alot about what is to happen over the next day and a half. Maddux is intrigued by us making a cake for Jesus' birthday. She just asked me, "Eat cake for Jesus? Jesus eat it too?" I tried to explain to her that no, He would not be eating it because He's not here. But He is here. Hmm... As I was trying to make sense of that for a two-year-old, Maddie helped me out, "Oh...He have his mouff closed?" Yup...that seems to be easier to explain than the concept of Jesus being with us but not physically being with us.

Again with the cake: we were talking about the birthday party for Jesus and how He wants us to celebrate His birthday with gifts and love and cake because He wants us to be happy. Maddux pulled her hands into her chest and, in her silly cute voice, said, "I wanna hug Jezussss." MELT! I told her that she was very sweet, but it's hard to hug Jesus because His body isn't here, but when she hugs other people (showing them love), it's like hugging Jesus. Then she hugged me. Life is good!

Eli's picked up another one of our household sayings: Sweet Sassy. Today he was playing with a toy and he kept saying, "Sweet sassy!!" Then he was explaining something about the toy to me and he threw it in there also: "See, this is his sweet sassy...and if he drives over here to this sweet sassy, he can go around the back and see the sweet sassy." Good stuff!

No comments: