Saturday, October 29, 2005

It's the Great Pumpkin!

Eli got his first jack-o-lantern this week. It took me a whole day to carve it in-between feeding/entertaining/changing Eli. Not that I was surprised; that's the way every day goes now. The pain from Eli's booster shots was very short lived, and he did not run a fever (something I was VERY worried about). Tuesday, Eli and I met Cooper and his mom at another Mom & Me meeting; Eli decided to show off for everyone by being very agreeable and happy the whole time except when he was sleeping. We even went out to lunch with some of the moms/babies afterwards!

The rest of the week was spent taking walks at the river. Now that it's a little cooler, I bought a few warmer clothing items including a fleece hat (that Lehr thinks is goofy) and an Old Navy fleece jacket (his first of many, I'm sure). Picking out clothing for Eli is difficult because we're having to avoid any pants that have attached feet (like sleepers); he won't be able to wear those with his shoes and bar. Speaking of which, this coming Wednesday is the big day: Eli's casts will come off and the shoes and bar will be the replacement. I'm dreading this transition only because Eli is 100% used to the casts now, and not being able to move his legs independently will probably frustrate him to no end. Unlike when he received his first casts, he is now much more vocal and will make his displeasure heard 'round the world. However, this change means Eli will finally be able to take a 'normal' bath, which I'm sure he will love.