Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Eli's Fall Soccer

Eli played soccer again this fall. He didn't even (to us) consider baseball, which broke my heart a bit, but I'm realizing that I'm holding on to it more than he is. (So I need to stop!)
This season Eli was in U14, so I expected there to be bigger kids on the teams. There were, but there were also enough "Eli-sized" kids to make him not stand out. This league meant using the turf field when playing at home. The turf field is BIG. I thought this might be a challenge for Eli, being smaller and not always the fastest. But he proved me wrong; that boy held his own in the running department!
One of the things I was most impressed with this season was Eli's all-in attitude on the field. He would get to practice early and do everything he was asked to, with hustle. And then during the games, he would throw himself into every play and commit. To the point where he was knocked around the field a lot and sometimes I felt like he was on his tookus more than he was on his feet. The size of the bigger guys never deterred him...crazy because he is the 'risk manager' in our family.

No comments: