Thursday, July 14, 2016

Eli's Baptism

Eli was away at camp this week; this particular camp is a very bare-bones Christian camp that we've come to love. Last night Lehr and I got to run out for a quick dinner date. Towards the end of the night a call came through on my phone from a number I didn't recognize. Thankfully I picked it up because it was the pastor at the camp calling to inform me that Eli had chosen to be baptized at the end of camp the following day.

So. Cool.

So we drove up in anticipation of seeing our boy publicly accepting Christ. Eli and a few other boys each took a turn walking into the pool with different counselors before praying, exchanging words and dunking. So so cool. We didn't see this coming, so it was even cooler than I could have imagined.
 

UPDATE: It took me a year to figure it out, but I wanted to get something for Eli to commemorate the life changing decision he made. He received a leather band from Lehr and I this summer with the following words etched into it:

07.14.16   I will walk in Your truth   Psalm 86:11

Eli loves it and has worn it nonstop. 

No comments: