Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Maddux's School Writing Assignments

Maddux brought home backpack-fulls of school work this week. Many art and writing projects she's worked on all year are now residing on our kitchen island. The ones I'm most excited about are her writing...journals, letters, etc. have obviously been a staple in her everyday school life. I like these 'books' most I think because I had no idea they were being compiled, and the content of Maddux's writing in these compilations is brand new to me.

One particular journal contained what appeared to be weekly writing about the weekend. Six of eight entries were about her brother. Not that I should be surprised because she idolizes him so, but even the ones that weren't directly about him contained mention of him. For example, she wrote about losing her first tooth and how she got $1 from the tooth fairy. Her next sentence indicated that she was saving up to buy a bracelet maker because she was going to make a bracelet for Eli. Classic Maddux. Another was completely about him and not in anyway about her. What happened over the weekend, Maddux? "My brother kept his shoes on for five nights and he earned a new book. The book is called....." Also typical of that girl.

One of the two entries that was not about Eli was about a friend, which is really cool. Maddux wrote, "My friend, Olivia, got new glasses for her eyes. She looks really prity with them on."

No comments: