Monday, June 27, 2011

Oh My!

Eli's speech still cracks me up daily. You'd think now that he's well beyond baby-talk and even toddler-ese that I would no longer be as amused. But I am. His use of the dramatic element, and his sometimes mis-use of everyday words, just cracks me up!
  • Last week I had a photo shoot for a baby named "Howe" (pronounced 'how'). When I got home, I told the kids. First Eli thought it was neat, because he misheard me and assumed I said, "Pal". Eli told me, "That's cool. It's like he's a friend." I corrected him with the real name and his response was, "Oh MY!", complete with a 'taken-aback' look on his face.
  • This week the kids have been attending a VBS at Maddux's school. Eli has learned a lot about Joseph in recent weeks through his Bible at home and a study in his class at church. (He even got to 'play' Joseph in a mini-reenactment in the Elementary Kids' room a few weeks ago.) Eli thought it would be really cool if they learned more about Joseph in this week's VBS. I told him it would be cool, but unlikely as the theme was "Walk through Nazareth: When Jesus Was A Kid". I tried to explain to Eli that Joseph was Old Testament and Jesus was New Testament, so they weren't walking around at the same time. He said, "Oh...that's cool. I guess this VBS will start on Palm Sunday then?" Love that he's aware of that holiday and that he knows to tie it to Jesus!
  • Speaking of the same VBS, the kids were wondering if they'd be placed in the same group. I told them I didn't know, but they'd find out first thing on Monday. Maddux said that she thought it would be cool if there was a Princess group for her and a Star Wars group for Eli. Eli could not hide his shock and disbelief as he told her, "MADDUX! This camp is about Jesus! He died on the cross! There will be NO princesses or Star Wars there."

No comments: