Monday, June 20, 2011

The Budding Actress

Last week found Maddux at CYT camp each morning (Christian Youth Theater). This was a no-brainer to me. Maddux loves to sing, she loves to dance, and she is nothing if not theatrical. So each morning I schlepped her across town, only to rush back and pick Eli up from his swim team practice, just in time to do something quick with the boy before we raced back to our church to pick her up before lunch. Maddux loved every second of it. She got a CD after the first day with her 5 songs; we played it in the car every time we drove anywhere. She sang, she showed us the dances, and she ad libbed where she wanted to. The greatest part for me was her Wednesday night dinner outburst. She spit out 1 Samuel 16:7 like she'd written it herself. Luckily I caught it on my phone's camera.


Friday was the last day and Eli and I were invited to go watch the performance. Maddux sang the songs and swayed with the music, but she was so comfortable up on stage that she kept showing interest in her friends, or in getting Eli's attention, or in just being there and itching her nose. She did raise her shirt at one point (deja vu, anyone?), but I didn't catch it on camera. Check out the first few seconds as all kids are walking to their spots and little miss bull-in-a-china-shop stomp-runs to hers. Classic Maddux.

No comments: