Sunday, March 27, 2011

Game Ball

No new photos, no first-hand stories. For the second season in a row, I missed the game where Eli earned the game ball. Last night Eli's game still happened, despite rain. Maddux and I held back when the boys left to meet at the field early; the sky was heavy and the forecast was grim. Even once the game started, Maddux and I got ready to leave a few times only to back out because the rain started up again and/or thunder boomed. I was SURE the kids were huddled in the dugout, far far from the parking lot where Maddux and I would have to park. Lehr and Eli returned a few hours later with stories of the snack and wrap-up taking place under cover due to rain, but a game that went on and produced a game ball for Eli. Apparently he'd hit a single AND a double (that's BIG for my short-legged little man!) There's always next year...

No comments: