Wednesday, September 08, 2010

My Brainy Builder

So today was Eli's third installment of Brainy Builders. He enjoys it while he's there, but he resists me a little each Wednesday morning when I remind him that he won't be riding the bus home. I think that has more to do with the extended day than the actual activities. He and his fellow Brainy Buddies are learning to make all kinds of cool structures: rockets, birds, "wheeled vehicles for space flight".

Today was especially hard for me. I missed my little man SO much, especially in the last hour while he was at Brainy Builders. When Maddie and I picked him up, he held my hand as we walked back to the car. The kid was exhausted. He smiled sweetly at me and told me he missed me too. When he got into his seat I went around to his side and gave him a big hug and told him how much I'd missed him (again). He said, "Well Mom, then just un-register me and I don't have to go anymore." Smart kid.

No comments: