Friday, March 10, 2006

ele5.com Gets Recognized

BIG news for ele5.com!!! Since we started this website I've received several emails from people who stumbled across it and were happy to read about and see the positive change in Eli's feet. However, in the last few months I have been contacted twice requesting permission to add ele5.com as a link on other webpages. Both webpages featuring ele5.com are clubfeet-oriented, and we are very appreciative of their recognition! The first is a webpage for bar 'accessories' (to prevent damage and injury): Clubfoot Designs. The second is a page dedicated to helping parents of children with clubfeet: Ponseti links. (These links take you directly to the page containing a link to ele5.com.) Also, a member of our church emailed me this week to inform me that she forwarded our link to a friend whose baby was born with clubfeet. We cannot tell you how happy it makes us to know that this website, and Eli's clubfoot journey, has helped other parents as they cope with clubfeet. When we first started researching the Ponseti method, and clubfeet in general, I was amazed and comforted by the amount of success stories I found online. We are so happy to now be a part of that group!

Eli started his swim lessons this week; he and Cooper are swimming at the YMCA twice a week for the entire month. All in all, Eli seems fine with the water. Lehr and I didn't anticipate any fears considering how much Eli loves the "big" bathtub. Yesterday he went under the water for the first time, which he seemed to have mixed feelings about. Pictures to follow.....

Grandpa Jim flew through Atlanta to visit Eli on Monday night. They spent a few hours together 'catching up'. My dad tells me Eli uttered his first words: "I love you, Grandpa Jim". The imagination is a powerful thing....

No comments: