Friday, January 13, 2006

I Think I Like Green Eggs & Ham

Today was a BIG first for Eli. He tried solid (and I use that term loosely, as the consistency was that of soup) foods for the first time! We decided to start Eli out on sweet potatoes; I'm attempting to make all of his baby food and that was one of the recommended starting points. He ate a full cube and probably would have liked more, but I wanted to make sure he would still eat the liquid portion of his meal. In the last few weeks, Eli has started opening his mouth really wide when it's time to eat, so we were curious to see if he'd react to the potatoes the same way: he did! Eli made it quite easy for Lehr and I to feed him because he kept most of the food (at least half anyway) in his mouth each time and he opened up every time he saw a spoonful coming his way.

Also, right now Eli is going through a phase where he has a little 'mommy preference'. Although it is frustrating that most of the time I am the only one who can calm him, it melts my heart. It really amazes me that he 'needs' me.....

On a side note, I came across a video explaining the correction process we are following for Eli's feet. The full video is about 15minutes, but the last part (about parents) isn't as informative. (If you decide to watch, just focus on the first half; it explains the casting, tenotomy, and brace.)

No comments: