Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Happy 4th of July

I had my 33-week appointment with the midwife today. Yet another ultrasound, but this time I went solo. The Hulk wasn't nearly as active as he usually is for the ultrasounds, so although he is shy with his movements, he obviously likes having an audience. He is (as am I) measuring right on target for 33 weeks, which means the 8/24 due date is sticking. Today his weight was estimated at 4lb 7oz. The midwife said everything else looks good also: blood pressure still low (110/70), baby is head down, placenta is healthy and where it needs to be, umbilical cord is sending enough of what it needs to be sending to our little guy...

Yesterday Lehr and I walked the Atlanta Peachtree Road Race (10K). I couldn't bear to give up the tradition, so I took all necessary precautions and went for it. I still finished with a respectable time of 1hr 30min (4 miles/hour 15 min. miles). We were lucky it was overcast for most of the day, so I had to battle the humidity, but not the sun. The toughest part was the walk (after the race) back to MARTA. Lehr offered to carry me, or get a cab, but because I'm so stubborn, I refused. My feet were a little sore, but not enough to keep me from taking the Hulk to his first Cubs game last night. Unfortunately the Braves won, but we were there to support, nonetheless.