Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The early bird gets the worm

Today was the 36-week appointment. I told the midwife about the low back pain I had Sunday night and she said she'd go ahead and 'check' me to see what was going on. It turns out the walking has been working because I am 70% effaced, 3cm dilated, and the Hulk is at a -1 station (translation: he's moved down into eject position). Then she measured my stomach and it was measuring small (31-weeks), so she sent me in for an ultrasound, just to be safe. The ultrasound showed everything was fine (I measured 36w1d - Hulk heartbeat was at 131), including the amniotic fluid levels (her concern), so the small measurement was just the result of the Hulk moving so far down. This is great news to me because all along I've felt that he would be here before 8/24. However, both my doula and her back-up are out of town at the moment. So until Monday, I am putting myself on modified bed rest (no more walking or gym visits). I am anxious for this guy to get here, but I'd rather wait until my support staff is available.