Wednesday, September 30, 2020

All of the Words

As much as I am noticing articulation regression with Ruby, she is still expanding her vocabulary and working 'word bank'. She often gives us a gem of a complete sentence, totally independently and momentarily eases my worries that I still have to model "Can you please turn on music?" to her every single time we get in the car.

  • A few weeks ago we were outside enjoying a nice breeze in the middle of the summer and I said, "It's beautiful outside today!" Without missing a beat, Ruby responded, "Yeah. God made it."
  • "Absolutely" I love it when she pulls this one out, always in the most appropriate of context and usually pretty articulate.
  • "Because" This is her most used word right now when she is talking totally unprompted. She loves to tell you the answer to your question, and then follows it up with "....because......beCAUSE..... because...." The other day I told her we were going to go to the store to get ingredients for dinner. She immediately told me, "OK, we need to get some pasta and sauce because it's my favorite. Then we'll get some hummus because that's for snack beCAUSE after school I'm hungry...

No comments: