Sunday, May 27, 2018

Wisdom

Proverbs 3:13  "Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding."

I've noticed a lot of leaps in maturity with Eli in the last 6-12 months. For as long as I can remember, Eli's struggled with 'anger management' from time to time. And he's not our most empathetic child (even when he was an only child). But lately, he's been turning things around quicker, taking some responsibility for his actions, taking interest in caring for both sisters, and giving us snippets of 'wisdom' where life is concerned.
This is all very welcomed. Rest assured, there are still outbursts and, because he is a rising teen and a child in general, there is plenty of backtalk. But when it happens, he's more likely to come to us humbly and apologize or even just try to get back into our good graces. All of this gets my vote.
The latest installment of this happened a few weeks ago when Eli and I were discussing a musical item he wanted to save up to purchase. In the middle of our conversation, Eli dropped a wisdom-filled truth bomb: "If I work for something, I think I'm less likely to lose it."
So, apparently he does listen to us sometimes... If you need me, I'll be researching 'ways to retire from parenting when your oldest is 12', because I gotta go out on a high note and this might be my chance.

No comments: