Friday, January 05, 2018

Talking Talking Talking

This girl just keeps going with her conversational speech! Over the holiday break she picked up a few new phrases:
  • "Oh WOW!"
  • "Oh my gosh!"
  • "Santa Clause. My HOME!"
  • "I missed you!" (my favorite)
  • "Oh, dangit"
  • "Oh, Yes, PLEASE!"
  • "Tag in back" (when referencing how to put on pants)
  • "I can do it!"
I couldn't love all of these new phrases more, especially because they were not intentionally taught; she just picked them up in her daily conversations with other people.
When returning to school this week, she hugged each of her classmates and told them, by name, "I missed you!". She also told her teachers that she was 'so happy' to be back at school.

Today is one year from the first day she walked into that classroom. I can't believe how far she's come in a year, and I couldn't be happier about all of the continued new
speech!

No comments: