Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Eli's Birthday

Eli turned 12 today. In other news, I haven't aged at all.

As he has done several times now, Eli opted for a soccer party. This is our favorite type of party because it is literally just everyone running around having a good time: no lunch, no balloons, no goodie bags, no hired entertainment. And we encourage our kids to raise funds/resources for others if they have a party (more than 3 people). Without any prompting, Eli chose Songs for Kids (which we obviously love and benefited from in Ruby's hospital time).

This year was a great crowd, as it always is. Mostly repeat offenders, with a new face here and there. I love that the kids ages (except Ruby) spanned from 10-16; that's just cool.

Oh, and I brought enough water this year; in every other year I would bring more than I had previously, but still not enough to deal with the hydration needs of 20-ish kids and adults running around in a humid hot box. This year I nailed it. #winning
Oh yeah, and the kids had a great time too.

No comments: