Thursday, December 15, 2016

The Aftermath

In the hours after the IEP, I was at peace. I felt good, very hopeful even, about this new venture. Today the reality sunk in a little more as I've had to deal with the effect of this new plan on Ruby's current schedule.

We went to one of her three speech therapists this morning and had to reschedule our upcoming visits. Not a huge deal, but it will make Mondays extra long for my girl. Then we had to go to Mt. Zion to break the news that tomorrow will be Ruby's last day for this school year. The director is and was amazing; she's seen us go through so many changes to schedule in the last two years and she's always walked with us, which is huge. But that didn't make it easier for me...felt like we were breaking up with them a little bit, even though we know we'll be back in the fall. And now I need to try to figure out a way to keep Ruby in some type of gymnastics program to continue building her core muscles for PT purposes. Not a big problem, just another logistical puzzle to solve.

I still feel good about our plan. I still feel like the meeting was a peaceful one where God clearly showed Lehr and I the way. But I am in a weird place...kind of mourning the plan we had, kind of anxious about what January holds for Ruby, kind of cautiously optimistic about our goals...searching for the light to lead our way.
Leaning on this verse:
James 1: 2-4   Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

No comments: