Saturday, November 01, 2014

Halloween

Awesomeness.
Nope, not the actual day, but the picture.

Finally. FINALLY. This was the third year I tried to convince my crew to do some type of group dress up. In the last 36 months we've discussed everything from Little Mermaid to Cowboys to Toy Story to ET...

As I have in the past, I started talking to them early, to try and get the idea cemented before summer was even over. This year we gravitated towards Despicable Me and it stuck. Around Labor Day I told them we were not changing our minds because I was going to start looking for costumes. (No complaints from them!)
We had a few homemade minions for the Little 5 Points parade, but they didn't make it to our Halloween celebration for some reason. (Glad I spent so long working on them!!) We did NOT win the family costume contest in our neighborhood, but I'm told we were a very close second. (The winners were lego people; they were awesome and very creative, so no hard feelings.)

The kids trick-or-treated until it started pouring on us. Lehr then ran home with Ruby (yes, in his Gru costume) and got the car. He picked up about 8 people (including Eli, but not Maddux - she wanted to walk in the rain with me), but the rain was brief. The kids continued trick-or-treating while I put Ruby to bed.
The bad news: even though the kids liked our dress up, they want to do their 'own thing' next year. Sigh.

No comments: