Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Therapy Update

As usual, this girl is a rockstar!
Ruby has gone without therapy for two weeks because of our beach trip, but that hasn't slowed her down at all. She is still walking with her walker and climbing up stairs. She has not gotten better with her walking 'form', but her stamina is increasing daily. She will stand and play for longer periods of time AND she will walk much further before dropping down to rest.

Ruby's speech is improving. She is not saying more words, but she is performing on command more often. Her (prompted) "ohhh" is coming along quite nicely, and she's doing more things with her mouth and speech now: kissing with lips closed, blowing kisses, signing 'please' and 'all done' occasionally, and babbling non-stop. I really think Ruby is signing other things to me all day, but I'm not smart enough to catch on to what her signs are...will work more on that.

Nothing new to report for OT....she and I are still struggling with the pincer grasp and pointing. Much like I felt I was banging my head against the wall with crawling in the months leading up to her taking off, I sometimes feel like Ruby's hand just wasn't built to put her pointer finger and thumb together to grab things. (She will prove me wrong, I know.)

No comments: