Thursday, October 04, 2012

Be Still My Heart

Tonight we had another late-late baseball game. (When the first pitch is thrown AFTER bedtime, I consider it to be late-late.) I suggested one of us stay home with Maddux to spare her the abbreviated sleep; Lehr ended up with the girl and I took Eli to his game. He was sleepy in the car, but perked up as he always does when we pulled into the parking lot. He had a great game, making an out and getting several hits. When we had about 15-20 minutes left, he came to the fence between innings and asked me if the game was almost over. He was smiling as he said, "Cuz I'm pretty sleepy."

The highlight for me came in the final inning. The boys were up to bat which meant Eli was in the dugout. I was flipping through pictures on my camera when I heard, "Mom. Mom!" I looked over and saw Eli smiling at me, trying to get my attention. I waved and then he blew me a kiss. Yeah. Life is good.

No comments: