Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Another Day...

We are still struggling with some behavior issues, but Lehr and I have a plan and it went into effect last night: we are beefing up the couch time. I was just about to drop an email to our parenting guru when I heard her voice in my head: "How is your couch time?" I knew it would be the first question she would ask!! Lehr and I are great about doing couch time every other week during a specific car ride, but our schedules have been off, so even that one hasn't happened for over a month. Last night we did the first one at home that we'd done in a LONG time. We will continue this at least five days/week. It WILL help the problem!

Eli and Maddux had another cute sibling moment today. Maddie was up in her booster chair, waiting for lunch. She does this as soon as I start preparing a meal or cooking. No concept of how long it takes to actually make food. So Eli asked her to come outside with him to play basketball. He was really excited and wanted her to come with him. But her chair was pushed almost all of the way in. I don't know how she climbed up into it that way, but she did. And she would fall getting out, for sure. (She already did that this morning.) So first Eli called to me: "Mooomm!!! Maddie needs help getting out!". But when I didn't drop what I was doing to help, he quickly figured out that he could help her. He got behind her chair and scooted it to the side, allowing an exit. She said, "Tank ou!" and off they went.

Right before naps we listened/played along to one song. I didn't notice Eli's feet until I sat down to sing with he and Maddie. He'd found Maddux's new dress-up shoes and he was wearing them with pride. He even told me, "Dese are my shoes."

No comments: